Benefits of Membership
- Information and input on legislative activities that affect professional geologists
- Membership certificate suitable for framing
- Field trips and seminars
- Professional contacts
Full (voting) Membership is open to any individual who is employed as a geologist or geoscientist; or has a degree in geology or the geosciences; or has retired from a career as a geologist or geoscientist; or is an Indiana Licensed Professional Geologist. Non-licensed geologists must petition the board of directors for membership and must obtain two sponsors who are members of PGI.
Associate Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the profession of geology, or in the geological sciences, but who does not satisfy the requirements for full membership.
Student Membership is open to any student currently enrolled in a geoscience program.
- Full Membership —————- $35 per year
- Associate Membership ——– $35 per year
- Student Membership ———- $10 per year
New members and membership renewals can be paid for by either paying in person at a PGI Board Meeting, submitting a check by mail to PGI at the address below or following the link below to the PGI Membership Payment page where a link is available to pay online via PayPal.
- Submit Payments by mail to : Professional Geologists of Indiana Treasurer, P.O. Box 20340, Indianapolis, Indiana 46220-0340
- Pay online via PayPal by following this link:
2018 PGI Annual Field Trip – Falls of the Ohio and Louisville Mega Caverns
- 81 members
- 6 corporate sponsors
- Our membership occupations by category are as follows:
- 48 environmental consulting
- 5 resource consulting (coal, oil & gas, aggregates)
- 8 government agencies
- 7 education
- 8 industrial representatives
- 5 Retired
- Lowest LPG member – Jim King (#19), Highest LPG member – Matthew Feller (#2558).
Download membership form: Membership Form